Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
* Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
* Tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act.
* Ensuring that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation.
* Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
* Visit the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patients’ Medical Record as assigned. * LPNs also ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order.
* Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
* Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
* Participate in the development and modification of a patient’s plan of care.
* Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
* Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
* Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
* Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
* Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
* Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
* Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
* Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
* Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS, US