Walters Morgan Construction Inc
Over the past 73 years we have built our reputation on being a premiere construction company that is committed to the future and the success of the communities in which we work. The quality of our projects reflects this commitment to community pride and satisfaction.We are currently hiring for a qualified Construction Superintendent.
A Walters-Morgan Superintendent plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of a project or an entire construction project with the help of a project manager. Schedules major construction tasks. Coordinates the activities of craft supervisors, foremen, and subcontractors to ensure effective operations and productivity. Ensures continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies related to the assigned area. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client and the subcontractors. Willingness to relocate to the general area of our construction site locations is expected.
- Provide detailed scheduling of daily construction activities and coordinates between the company and subcontractors to avoid conflicts.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain surveillance of labor performance, manpower allocation, and effective use of tools and equipment. Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Monitor subcontractor operations including enforcement of all contractual obligations.
- Supervise the hiring process of field manpower.
- Help the Project Manager prepare the major construction equipment list for the project and monitors the assignment of equipment required by each craft to ensure maximum efficiency.
- May oversee the work of lower-level Construction Superintendents.
- Understands and applies the company human resource policies.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
A 4-year degree in construction-related field is preferred but not required. 4 years or more of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants is preferred.
Location/Region: Manhattan, KS